Sunday, March 9, 2008

How much sharing is caring?

This question is regarding sharing of private information, such as passwords of your e-mail accounts and such, with your significant other.

I guess according to the rules of 'love and trust' you are not supposed to keep any secrets from your partner. I agree about that mostly but what if you want to surprise the other person and you need to order the gift online? Definitely it won't be fun if the person comes across that confirmation letter in your mailbox!

The reason I thought about this topic today is a funny incidence (for any third person):
A guy I know got married recently. It was an arranged marriage. He has been in a relationship in the past but he didn't tell his wife about it yet. Totally understandable. It takes time to be comfortable enough to share everything about yourself, but I guess it takes less time to be comfortable enough to share 'the password'. Without thinking much this guy gave his wife access to his mail account and guess what...the wife discovered a bunch of letters from the ex! The past relationship was over some 3 years ago. The poor guy probably didn't even remember that those letters still exist, but you can imagine the scene in his house after that.

Moral of the story: Think twice before you decide to show your 'love and trust' :)

6 comments:

Solitaire said...

I have a friend who shares her email address with her husband. Everytime she orders something for him online, she tells him not to check his email or cc bill for a few days. So much for surprises!

P said...

ha ha does he listen to her? I would have checked the mail the minute she turns her back :P

Pavi!!!! said...

Oh well.. that’s sad..Like u said the rules of ‘ love and TRUST’ are to share passwords…in this case if the relationship was 3 yrs ago for the wife to have found the email , she must have been snooping around his mailbox! N that’s not keeping up the TRUST factor ,rite?

P said...

Hi Pavi! Thanks for visiting my blog.
I don't blame her. She probably was just trying to know about her new husband's life/friends. If he gave her access, it would mean that he is ok with her seeing what's in there. It's just sometimes we do not think about innocent things that turn out to be big problem.

Satanic Angel said...

oh, the house musta got on fire for sure..personally, i dont get this thing about sharing passwords..i mean its like if u luv me n trust me why dya need to check my inbox!

P said...

My exact sentiments.
Regarding the couple, the wife not only made the husband's life hell but also wrote a very angry letter to the ex-girlfriend (that was my friend actually). She wrote half a dozen apology letter in next few days. Things are normal now, at least as far we know :P