Sunday, February 17, 2008

My friend has been kidnapped by an alien!

No, of course not literally but I feel the same.

My close friend (let's call her N) and I always made fun of people who are mushy, gushy about their love life/partners. We bitched about these people for hours and took pride in the fact that we were cold and heartless. Then she fell in love last year and suddenly she is doing the same irritating things and much more!!! Was it all an act of 'sour grapes' then? I feel betrayed.

Talking about my being cold and heartless, my boyfriend (let's call him J) had a dream last night that I have dumped him for someone else and he is very sad (he amazed himself with this feeling) and then what made him more miserable than actually being dumped was that I was telling him very casually "What's the big deal? Don't be a sissy. Get over it." ha ha...now that sounds more real to me than N's new Orkut photo (I wish I could post it here to prove my case).

Coming to analysis of the dream: I blame it on the big hype called Valentine's day. Everyone in J's office (including his 50+ boss) left early to celebrate V-day and his girlfriend didn't even call him all day to wish him and was almost falling asleep when he made his usual 'how was your day' call (I live 3 time zones ahead of him and it was much past mid-night my time..can you really blame me?). J is usually as romantically-challenged as me, if not more but I guess all the pressure created by this specially designated romance day can affect such people too. I am just thankful that the effect on him is not as drastic as on N.

6 comments:

Solitaire said...

Guess you have found your match in J.

P said...

Hope you're right :)
Thanks for being the first one to write here!

Satanic Angel said...

I ditto solitaire. Mind if I blogroll ya?

P said...

Thanks elusive :)
I will be glad to be on your blog roll.

Niket said...

Oh shit... you guys remind me of the days I and my wife spent doing the east-coast-west-coast thing. She is as opposed to the idea of V-day as you; and J seems to be as romantic as me.

Good luck!

P said...

@ Niket: You mean you are as romantically-confused as J? :P
Thanks for visiting!