Sunday, April 6, 2008

Song assignment

Recently J bought an electric guitar. No he is not at all a musician or singer. He is just trying to fulfill his childhood fantasy of becoming one. He has absolutely no formal training on playing guitar or any musical instrument for that matter. He bought a 'Guitar for Dummies' book too biggrin. So far he has succeeded in tuning the guitar!

Seeing his extremely slow progress I decided to motivate him by giving an assignment with a deadline (grad school effect?). The assignment is to sing and play 'Pehli Nazar Mein' (song from 'Race' by Atif Aslam) when we meet next. Yeah, it's not the easiest assignment for a newbie but I just thought I'll try my luck. There is no other way I can make him sing a romantic song for me razz. Anyways, so I sent him the song. After listening to it few times:

J: "Ok so I know the song now. I can't play it yet but do you want to hear just the song?"
Me (Happily): "Yes, yes."
J: "Pehli nazar mein.....hmm..hmm..la..la.....maybe I love you, maybe I love you, maybe I love you so."

Oh well. I will just play it for myself.

15 comments:

kyamaloom said...

Btw, just to add:

'J' se kahiyega its:
"Baby I love You, baby I love You, Baby I love you soo..." and *not* "Maybe I love You." There's no doubt the lovers are sure. :P

P said...

Yeah I know. That is why I decided to play it for myself :(

rayshma said...

LOL!!!
aww... does J sing like atif???

P said...

I wish :)

Rho Tau GWIS said...

LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Hha..u shouldhave gone on easy on him man!! I know how to play... pehle 2 hafte to fingers ka skin nikalne me lag jata hai..hehehe...and u expected him to learn a fukllll song ??? wah wah//// ilove ilove part was spp sweet ...lolz...

cheerz... :)

Solitaire said...

MEN!

P said...

@ Carolinagal: :)

@ Samby: I didn't really expect him to learn the song :P

@ Solitaire: That might be a generalization :P

Ekta said...

hahah!
I think J is sweet enugh to attempt to sing!
I emathise with him coz I am learning guitar myself..its a hard task..sigh!

Cynic in Wonderland said...

well i have a guitar which i cant play either so for that i sympathize with J.

however, if he is older than 25 and willing to serenade you ( the intent if not the action) then you are still rocking i say.

Solitaire said...

Or an incomplete sentence! :p

Satanic Angel said...

hey atleast hes gotta good sense of humor :p..the song u picked fr him is sure a tufie :p

P said...

@ ekta: yeah he can be sweet in his own weird ways :) good luck with your guitar practice!

@cynic: now when you said it like that, I feel special *blushing* :P

@ solitaire: then alright :)

@ elusive: yes that he has..in fact that's the first thing I noticed about him :)

Pavi!!!! said...

Awww..so cute...lol !

i gifted my man a mouth organ wit a "creative" letter ...n i can tell u ..wat hppnd was not xactly wat i had planned...I'm not gettin into details... :P

P said...

@ Pavi: Please, please give the details. Maybe you can write a post on that sometime :)