Monday, March 16, 2009

Sad

My beloved macbook died on me last week without any notice :((
I have to change the broken hard disk and it should be new again, but unfortunately it will be too new. None of the data can be recovered unless I pay $1-2K!! Thankfully I have not been a total idiot and kept backup of the important stuff that I cannot live without and some more. But still there's so much more one accumulates in 5+ years. Maybe they are not important, maybe I would have never opened most of those files, but still can't get over the sadness of loosing them. Wish I had invested on an automatic backup device. Sigh.

2 comments:

Cynic in Wonderland said...

sighhhh. i know i know. it hurts like hell

Pavi!!!! said...

UGGGGH ! i can imagine how u feel! We lost all tht was on our hard disk a few mths back n had to pay a ridicuous amt to retrieve the data!