Thursday, June 5, 2008

What goes around comes around

Conversation between me and J sometime in 2005-06:

Me: I love the song 'Koi faryad' from 'Tum bin'. Have you heard of it?

J: Yeah. Nice song but don't remember the details. What is special about it?

Me: Well, other than the fact that it is a Jagjit Singh song and picturized on Priyanshu Chatterjee, I like the subtle romance in it. Even the dialogues in between are so nice. There is a scene in the hospital where Priyanshu says to Sandali "Janta hun apko saharey ki zarurat nahi, main sirf saath dene aaya hun (I know you do not need any support, I just came here to give you company)". I love his sensitivity and respect for the girl's independent nature!

J: Hmm.


FAST FORWARD....

Conversation between me and J last night:

Me: I am fed up with so much nonsense work (was referring to all the official work related to graduation, OPT application, job application and things that I will need to do when I move after graduation). You are happily sitting 2000 miles away. Why don't you come here and do at least some of the 'manly' work for me? I will need to get rid of some heavy furniture, get my car serviced etc. etc.

J: Hmm. But I thought you want to be independent and don't want anyone to support you. Remember you told me about that song! I call you everyday. See, I'm being so sensitive and respectful.


How does he remember only the things that he can use against me??
But yes, considering he calls his parents once a week and his friends twice a year, one call EVERYDAY is quite sensitive :p

5 comments:

Solitaire said...

Its called selective hearing, selective attention, and sometimes even selective mutism!

PS: You have been tagged. Check Warm Fuzzies.

P said...

ah so they have terms for this kind of behavior too! good to know :)

Pavi!!!! said...

Ahhh..so typical! yeh sab ghar ghar ki kahani hai!

We women shld think like light yrs ahead before we speak!!!

g-man said...

lol yea, more than just *quite* i'd say. guys usually just call people when they need something or if they're making plans to get drunk :D

P said...

@Pavi: I can't think so much. I should go on mute :p

@g-man: How selfish! But good to know that it is normal behavior.